Staff Login                                                                                                                                                                          International Student Services & Financial Consultancy  
Home       Services       Study Abroad       Test Preparation       Education Loan       Panel Institutes       Inquiry Form       Contact       FAQ's
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Visa Process

When you have received confirmation of acceptance by a Swiss university or private school, please contact the Swiss embassy in your country for information on entry formalities for Switzerland. You will have to show proof that you have adequate financial means to support yourself during your studies.

You will have to apply to the police department dealing with aliens after your arrival in Switzerland to obtain a residence permit. You will have to present the following documents:

• a valid passport, if necessary with a visa

• confirmation that you have been accepted by a Swiss university

• a guarantee of sufficient financial means to support yourself during your studies (e.g. bank statement)

• statement concerning your address in Switzerland

• The residence permit will only be issued if your financial means are guaranteed.

In addition, you will have to renew the residence permit annually. Foreign students are allowed to work up to 15 hours a week as long as the duration of the studies is not prolonged.

If you're a EU or EFTA citizen, you must register with the local authority within 14 days of arriving in Switzerland, and apply for a residence permit.

You will need to present the following documents:
- Personal application for a residence permit
- Valid passport or identity card
- Proof of registration at the university
- Evidence of sufficient funds (bank certificate or certified document)
- Proof of address at place of residence
- 2 passport photographs

If you're an international student from outside the EU/EFTA, contact the Swiss embassy or consulate in your own country before you leave to apply for a visa. If you're an international student from outside the EU/EFTA but do not require a visa, consult your country's Swiss embassy or consulate. They'll be able to tell you what entry and residence requirements you need to be able to study in Switzerland.

To find out what category of international student you come under, go to:

What else do I need?
Visas, applications and residence permits are just the start of the study abroad process - there is plenty more to get organized. You need to sort out finances, insurance, an international student card, and your passport - just to name a few. But with QS Top Universities' Study Abroad Checklist you'll have everything you need, and more, to start a successful study abroad experience in Switzerland.

What are you waiting for?

Useful links

Region Western Europe
Currency Swiss Franc
Surface Area 41277
Sq. Km.
Population 7568000
Population Density 18303 / square kilometre
Capital City Bern
GDP (million current US$) 491923
GDP per capita (current US$) 65003.4
CPI: Consumer Price Index 108
Temperature °C (min/max) 4.9/12.7
  Study In Australia
Study In Canada
Study In Malaysia
Study In Ireland
Study In Italy
Study In UK
Study In USA
Study In Cyprus
  Study In Mauritius
Study In New Zealand
Study In Singapore
Study In Spain
Study In Germany
Study In Switzerland
Study In Bulgaria
Study In Turkey
Study Abroad
Test Preparation
Education Loan
Panel Institutes
Inquiry Form
Contact Us

Head Office
Banglow No A-12, Block 10-A, (Near Lasania
Restaurant) Gulshan e Iqbal, Karachi, Pakistan.

Call +92-21-34838316 / 34990651 / 35452999
Fax +92-21-34990652

  © Copyrights 2012-2016 - Finance Links - International Student Services                                                                              Crafted by Etihad Technologies